Sunday 11 April 2010

The third day

I took my little boy to the short Holy Eucharist service at church this morning. Beforehand he had a banana and I nothing. Such are the demands of juggling the need to attend church with the voracious appetite of a soon-to-be three year old. Today, the vicar briefly recalled the story of Jesus appearing to his disciples on the third day following his crucifixion. This seems unbelievable but then so do a great many things in life today. I can't believe that people continue to smoke tobacco knowing full well the likely consequences. Neither can I believe that despite not getting round to buying a lottery ticket for the third successive draw, still nobody has won. I delude myself of my chances but I still have to do the right thing - BUY A BLOODY TICKET! My son has since gone to Sunday School with his maternal grandmother. He seems to be resisting the experience a little less each week but you never can tell. I think that as long as they have food he will probably continue to attend - quite right too.

No comments:

Post a Comment