Thursday 8 April 2010

Will this nonsense never cease?

This morning I switched on the TV for the first time in a week. I watched Peter Mandelson conduct a press conference to rubbish conservative plans with Brown to his right and Darling to his left. I endured five minutes of the expected slime and vitriol before switching off and bemoaning the annual cost of a TV license. Which one is the Prime Minister? It felt a bit like watching Play School as a child; the round window, the square window or the oval window? Who knows.
I then dejectedly switched on my computer to do some exam revision. The BBC website showed the face of the Manchester United football club manager with an expression which put me in mind of that James Bond film: The World Is Not Enough.
The day started with the peerless John Humphreys trying to interview Gordon Brown on the Today programme. Here's how the game works. I ask you a question about your ideology, track record, mistakes, errors of judgement etc. and you reply by saying that the Conservative proposals hold no weight. Oh, and by the way, you are the Prime Minister.
I sense a British mentality here. If you've failed to succeed in a task, all you have to do is rubbish those around you.
We used to have a dog who was a small terrier. If given a bone, she would drag it under the front door mat quite content that nobody could possibly notice it. Very British I'm sure.

Middle Aged Medic

No comments:

Post a Comment